Saturday, June 18, 2005

The baddest mother

From Shaq's "Sunday Conversation" with ESPN last week:

ESPN: People said that "he is really motivated this year because he really wants to stick it to the Lakers." How true is that?

Shaq: I don't let earthlings motivate me. I only let factors motivate me. The only thing that motivates me is, when I'm done playing, I want people to say, 'He's the Baddest Mother (expletive) to ever play the game.' Right now I am hearing that from some of the people. When I am done playing I want to hear that from all of the people. So right now I have three championships. That's cool. I could probably retire now and wait 10 years and most likely be named into the Hall of Fame. Whoopty do. Right now I am not satisfied with my career just winning three championships, because I have been there five times, and I should have five right now. Should have five. Should have six, including this year, but it didn't happen that way.
First, off, this dude is a hilarious genius. He's not the baddest mother, that was probably Jordan if only because he was a lot meaner and less human. Shaq's got this idiot savant who's actually not an idiot thing going on and I love it.

Don't think he's right about these Finals, though. I think they have been kind of boring, but only because they haven't been particularly close after the first half of Game 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home