Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Hocking Valley Studs

Micah, Seth, and I are from a small town in SE Ohia.
"The part of Ohio that really belongs in West Virginia"
as Brian Gallagher might say and has said. But that's
neither here nor there. There are universal qualities of
small towns, and this is a universal-small-town-quality
story of a sort. Well, not so much a story as something
in writing to kick-start the brothers weinberg blog.

So as a Christmas present to our ma, Wanda (isn't this name
due for a popularity explosion sometime soon? how many
wanda's do you know..? not many, right? And it sure
beats Dakota or Gabe as a woman's name, right?), my bros
and I went to el local photo studio and got some nice
bro shots done. One came out really well, and for some
reason the rents ordered a print that's basically the size
of a lifesize cardboard cutout of the three of us. Its kinda
shocking walking into the foyer at 47 Elmwood place and BAM
there we are wryly grinning atcha.

Not as strange, however, as this print showing up on the
wall of a local well-patronized bank (the guy who runs
the photo gallary, Lamborns.. Mr. Lamborn I'm guessing.. works
over his local-yokel customers with this gross violation of property
rights clause of 'I can hang the photos you paid for with good
money all over town as advertis-ment'). Man, this portrait
in the Hockey Valley Bank became talk of the town. This thing
has vaulted the Weinberg bros {even higher} as local celebs.
And Micah and I havn't even lived there for 10 years. Seth does,
and the poor kid was getting so much attention (from 40ish old women,
mostly... eek) that he had to go incognito and shave off his
swashbuckling J. Depp a la Pirates of the Carribean facial hair
to keep them away. Man.

Anyway, maybe ma, Wanda, can scan one of the prints so we can
share not only with the Athens, Ohio, community, but also with
the WORLD. Wouldn't that be fun. I'll work on it.

Incidentially, I'm the most handsome W-Bs of the lot. They don't
call me Toby McGuire-meets-Beck-meets-Campbell Scott for nothin'!
(did I just help or hurt my cause?) Woo-hoo!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home